tonight, mine said “meesh, i NEED those crispy brussel sprouts with chinese sausage that you and Hubby had at Broadway in Laguna Beach.”
then i learned that it’s actually brussels sprouts. plural. not sure why. just is.
tonight, i absolutely needed to have these.
even Hubby enjoyed it, and he generally dislikes brussels sprouts. in fact, he generally doesn’t appreciate vegetables in general….
so don’t tell him i sneaked in some pureed sweet potatoes in tonight’s meatloaf…a la Gerber.
anyway….when you’re Chinese, you typically have these sausages laying about.
99 Ranch carries them.
they look gnarly but taste so sweet, greasy and yummy. we usually eat these delicious sweet chinese sausages over sticky rice.
don’t pretend these are ANY different than bacon.
tonight, these were used for my brussels sprouts experiment.
- Cut ends off sprouts
- Slice in half
- Brush with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper
- Remove skin from sausage and slice into thin pieces
- Throw it all onto a cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes until everything is crispy
- Remove from oven and put in bowl
- Toss chopped cilantro and sweet and sour chili sauce (also purchased from 99 Ranch)