My family and I just moved back to So Cal from the south.
Brought this incredible recipe back with us. It’s perfect for a cold winter night…or a not terribly cold night in California.
- 2 lbs venison
- 3 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 stalks of celery add leaves
- 3 potatoes
- 3 cups of carrots
- 3 tbs worschester
- veg oil 4 Tbs
- Italian seasoning 2 Tbs
- 1 can beef broth (14oz)
- 3 c water
- 2 Tbs salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4c flour w/ 1/4 c water mix add to stew after it is cooked through
- heat the vegetable oil in dutch oven. add the chopped garlic and the onions. stir until soft. then add the meat. salt before adding. brown the meat.
- add potatoes, celery, carrots, worchester sauce, Italian seasoning, broth, rosemary and water. stir.
- add salt and pepper to taste
- slow roast in oven at 255 for 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally
- add flour water mixture before serving
- stir and place back in oven for a few minutes to thicken
- serve with crusty french bread and a glass of good red wine…or heck, any glass of wine will do!